- Hyundai delivers 5.7% market share in September, a record for the brand in the UK
- 5% rise year-on-year in total sales, indicating strong demand across range
- More than 8,700 EVs sold this year – Supported by surge in interest for IONIQ 5
- Hyundai improves market share across all model lines, with 62% growth in Tucson share
- Hyundai Motor UK has recorded its highest-ever September market share, according to new registrations data released by the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT).
Hyundai registered 12,256 units in September 2021, taking a 5.7% share of the market. This marked a 60% share increase year-on-year over 2020. This performance is supported by a wave of new product introductions through the year such as all-new Tucson and IONIQ 5.
The latest generation Tucson and New KONA were Hyundai’s best-selling vehicles in the UK in September, accounting for 3,600 units and 2,784 units respectively. Year-to-date sales of fully electric vehicles have now also hit more than 8,700 units, with all-new IONIQ 5 accounting for close to 1,000 sales in September.
We are delighted to see the Hyundai brand performing so strongly in September, demonstrating the hard work of our dealers in securing customer orders. The combination of bold designs and technological innovation across our product family are clearly resonating with consumers. Both the KONA Electric and IONIQ 5 are leading the march with our electrified mobility solutions, highlighting our commitment to decarbonising road transport.Ashley AndrewManaging Director of Hyundai Motor UK