All-new KONA N at a glance
- The all-new KONA N combines balanced day-to-day driving with fun-to-drive performance capabilities and a performance-oriented design
- KONA N comes with a 2.0 T-GDI 280 PS engine, lightweight forged wheels, and special sports seats
- N DCT, a wet-type eight-speed Dual-Clutch Transmission, allows for an even more sporty, high-performance character
- KONA N offers the latest Hyundai SmartSense active safety features and the latest Bluelink® connectivity technology
- Deemed a ‘hot SUV’, the look of the all-new KONA N clearly illustrates a powerful presence and driving fun.
- The all-new KONA N features powerful exterior design elements, including an exclusive front grille design with an aggressive light signature, a double-wing roof spoiler, and body-coloured fenders that bring it visually closer to the ground
- It features lightweight 19-inch forged alloy wheels with a dark grey finish and red callipers for a greater stance and sporty appearance
- The all-new KONA N comes in seven exterior colours, including the new N SUV dedicated colour: Sonic Blue
- Inside, it features metal pedals and the N-exclusive sports steering wheel optimised for the perfect grip and button layout
- The interior colour trim is a one-tone black with Performance Blue accents on cloth, leather, or suede seats
- Special sports seats offer maximum stability and lateral support in all driving situations
- The all-new Hyundai KONA N is equipped with a 2.0-litre T-GDI turbo engine generating 280 PS
- The flat-power tuning provides more torque and power at mid and high-rangeRPMs
- The new higher amount of torque utilises more of the engine’s potential in everyday driving situations
- It also improves acceleration in the mid and high-speed range and delivers high performance consistently
- Maximum torque: 392 Nm
- Acceleration: 0-100 km/h in 6.4 seconds
- SUV versatility: the ’hot SUV’ was developed to offer customers uncompromising performance along with the fun-to-drive philosophy with SUV benefits, such as a convenient seating position, roominess, and the latest safety features
- Brake enhancement: enlarged front and rear disc brakes
- The all-new KONA N is available with an 8-speed Dual-Clutch Transmission (N DCT)
- The N DCT is a wet-type transmission
- This results in better acceleration and a faster manual upshift
- N DCT technology enables three new N performance functions for even more driving fun:
- N Power Shift (NPS) provides a push-feel when upshifting
- N Grin Shift (NGS) delivers an extra boost operated by a button on the steering wheel to maximise engine and DCT performance for 20 seconds
- N Track Sense Shift (NTS) determines whether the car is on the race track based on dynamic driving behaviour and optimises gear selection and shift timing accordingly
- The shift pattern is applied differently depending on the drive mode selected by the driver
- When the Creep Off function is enabled, the car does not automatically roll when the brake pedal is released.
- The all-new KONA N is equipped with front-wheel drive.
High-performance driving features
- The all-new KONA N is the first dedicated Hyundai N SUV
- KONA N includes a range of N-specific functions, known from previous N models, that allow drivers to maximise performance, including:
- Launch Control
- N Corner Carving Differential – Electronic Limited Slip Differential (eLSD)
- Popcorn exhaust sound
- N Grin Control System with five drive modes: Normal, Eco, Sport, N, and Custom
- Variable exhaust valve system
- Electronic Controlled Suspension (ECS)
- The all-new KONA N is available with the following Hyundai SmartSense active safety and convenience features, carried over from the new Hyundai KONA:
- Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist (BCA)
- Rear Cross Traffic Collision Avoidance Assist (RCCA)
- Smart Cruise Control (SCC) with stop and go
- Leading Vehicle Departure Alert (LVDA)
- Lane Keeping Assist (LKA)
- Lane Following Assist (LFA)
- Intelligent Speed Limit Warning (ISLW)
- Safe Exit Warning (SEW)
- Rear Seat Alert (RSA)
- Forward Collision Assist with vehicle, pedestrian and optional cyclist detection (FCA)
- High Beam Assist (HBA)
- Driver Attention Warning (DAW)
Tech & Connectivity
- Traction Control System (TCS) with four different Traction Modes for better handling over a variety of road conditions: Snow Mode, Deep Snow, Mud Mode, and Sand Mode
- Performance Driving Data System to monitor and improve track skills
- HUD: first head-up display in a Hyundai N model
Hyundai N: Born in Namyang, honed at the Nürburgring
Hyundai ‘N’ stands for Namyang, Hyundai Motor’s global R&D centre in Korea, where the idea was born, and for the Nürburgring, home to Hyundai Motor’s European Test Center, where the N line-up was further developed and tested. The close connection between Namyang and Nürburgring created the foundation for N, the goal being to deliver driving enjoyment. Symbolising a chicane, the ‘N’ logo embodies this aspect – an agile vehicle that is fun to drive – and represents the ultimate driving experience on winding roads.
Testing Centre at Nürburgring
The Nürburgring Nordschleife was and continues to be used to hone N’s high-performance technologies. The iconic Nürburgring race track is known as one of the world’s most challenging race tracks. With 73 corners and 20.8 kilometres of tarmac, it is also a motorsports complex and home to Hyundai Motor’s own testing centre, operated by the Hyundai Motor Europe Technical Center.
Hyundai Motor’s accelerated durability tests are conducted there. Each car taking part in the tests laps the Nürburgring at least 480 times in both dry and wet conditions, simulating up to 180,000 kilometres of severe driving – the equivalent of a normal vehicle’s lifecycle – in just five to six weeks. The constant combination of hard acceleration, rapid deceleration, and heavy cornering push the vehicles to their limits, and the variable surfaces and camber ensure top performance even in adverse conditions. As an example, N DCT for N models, including KONA N, endured 1,350 laps on the legendary Nürburgring-Nordschleife.
Namyang R&D Center
Opened in 1995 in Hwaseong, South Korea and employing 13,000 researchers and developers, the Namyang R&D Center is the heart of Hyundai Motor’s global research and development network. Located on over 3.3 million square metres of land, it consists of various centres for design and engineering, powertrain, performance and test driving, an aero-acoustic wind tunnel, and environmental R&D. It is host to 34 roads, including ‘Area C,’ a 4.5-kilometre, high-speed track. The area is the spiritual home of Hyundai N, leading the initiation and extension of the N model line-up, including the all-new KONA N. In all, the site features a total road length of 70 km.
Focused on Fun to Drive
The all-new KONA N was developed based on N’s three cornerstones: Corner Rascal, Everyday Sports Car and Race Track Capability. KONA N was designed to be fun to drive and will get the driver’s heart beating faster once they get behind the wheel.
Rather than measuring pure numbers, like revs per minute (RPM), Hyundai Motor opted to emphasise driving pleasure and the emotional impact on the driver’s heartbeats per minute (BPM). High-performance driving features and a performance-oriented instrument cluster contribute to KONA N’s all-around sporty experience.
KONA N’s design mirrors true high-performance vehicles and features Hyundai’s cascading grille at the front, aggressive-looking front and rear bumpers, and a new rear spoiler. The design of the SUV enhances aerodynamic and cooling performance according to the principle “form follows function”. Its enhanced design gives the all-new KONA N an even more race track-inspired look. The connection between the car and the driver fuels its operation.
KONA N is a true ‘hot SUV’ with the performance level of a hot hatch. It breaks the rule that SUVs cannot be fun to drive. As an N model, it goes beyond the limits of an ordinary SUV. KONA N can carve corners on the racetrack and bring excitement to everyday driving.Albert BiermannPresident and Head of R&D Division at Hyundai Motor Group
The all-new KONA N loves corners. The N-shaped logo symbolises a chicane, the ultimate part of the track where KONA N achieves maximum traction, precision, and feeling. Its powerful 2.0-litre turbocharged engine delivers up to 280 PS and 392 Nm torque.
KONA N was designed to improve aerodynamics and reduce lift. This keeps the car firmly on the road when maximum traction is crucial. The N Corner Carving Differential, an Electronic Limited Slip Differential (eLSD), improves grip and enhances maximum cornering speed. Cornering enthusiasts can deactivate the Electronic Stability Control (ESC) for maximum freedom. To ensure the highest comfort for the driver and passengers, the special sports seats offer top stability and lateral support in all driving situations.
Everyday Sports Car
Suitable for comfortable daily commuting on weekdays or race track driving on the weekend, KONA N is an everyday sports car. The ‘hot SUV’ offers a wide variety of customisation options in terms of performance and practicality, creating the best feeling for the driver. These include the N Grin Control System, its Electronic Controlled Suspension, Variable Exhaust Valve System, and a wide array of active safety and driver assistance features.
Race Track Capability
Compared to pure road-going cars, N models spend much more time on the race track and are tested at higher speeds. That means the driver can be sure that KONA N will perform well when taking it to a track day. A new AVN screen with high-performance driving options, as well as dedicated features such as Launch Control and Creep Off, ensure maximum performance while at the track.
The all-new KONA N is truly a race track-capable, everyday sports car, especially due to the variety of new features that enhance day-to-day and high-performance driving situations. While developing KONA N, Hyundai engineers paid extra attention to durability and race track performance. To ensure the best possible cornering performance, it was tested extensively at the Nürburgring.
A ‘hot SUV’ with a bold exterior design
Deemed a ‘hot SUV’, the look of the all-new KONA N clearly illustrates a powerful presence and driving fun. It combines the new KONA base car’s modern design with the N models’ bold and dynamic language. At 4,215 millimetres long, 1,800 millimetres wide, and 1,565 millimetres high, the all-new KONA N is 10 millimetres longer than the new KONA and just as long as the new KONA sporty N Line trim. The 2,600-millimetre-long wheelbase remains unchanged compared to the base car. Its boot can support a range of outdoor activities with 361 litres of storage space. The lightweight 19-inch forged alloy wheels reduce maximum weight and increase strength while ensuring a great stance and an especially sporty appearance.
KONA N’s wide and confident stance can be attributed to the combination of body-coloured claddings and 19-inch wheels. Meantime, the rich volume of the B-SUV’s muscular body is emphasised by the body-coloured fenders. This gives KONA N a close-to-the-ground appearance. The vehicle’s powerful front-on appearance is completed with an exclusive front grille design with dedicated mesh, an integrated N logo, and the aggressive light signature of the new KONA. The Hyundai emblem in dark satin grey was lowered on the bonnet, moving the front focal point down. KONA N’s bold and powerful exterior design also features distinctive design elements in N-exclusive red accents.
From the side, customers will notice the all-new KONA N’s sporty silhouette. Further design features are indicative of a high-performance Hyundai N model, including N‑exclusive forged wheels with a dark grey finish and red callipers, the N logo on the wheel cap, and a dual-colour side sill in red and the body colour with an engraved N logo.
The rear view is dominated by the prominent double-wing roof spoiler. Customers will also notice the N-specific iconic triangular third brake light. The red accent line and two large exhaust mufflers add to the performance spirit of the car.
Hyundai created a new exterior colour, Sonic Blue, for the launch of the all-new KONA N. Sonic Blue is a light grey-white colour with a hint of Performance Blue. It was created with an SUV body shape in mind while still referencing the dedicated Hyundai high-performance colour Performance Blue. The all-new KONA N's exclusive new N SUV colour complements and contrasts with the other red, dark grey, and glossy black exterior design features, giving it a sporty new look.
- Sonic Blue with Tomato Red accents – the new N SUV dedicated colour [launch colour]
- Phantom Black Pearl with Tomato Red accents
- Atlas White with Tomato Red accents
- Cyber Grey Metallic with Tomato Red accents
- Dark Knight Grey Pearl with Tomato Red accents
- Ignite Red with Medium Metal accents
- Performance Blue with Tomato Red accents
Interior design dedicated to high-performance driving
The interior of the all-new KONA N is designed for high-performance driving and features a performance-oriented look and feel. Sporty metal pedals and high-quality materials are included in the car. The N-exclusive sports steering wheel, whose design was optimised for the perfect grip and button layout for dynamic driving, is one feature that stands out. For even more convenience, two customisable N buttons on the steering wheel allow any sort of pre-set to be mapped according to individual needs, and paddle shifters allow the driver to change gears without taking their hands off the wheel.
For better grip and a sporty touch, the traditional handbrake has non-slip perforated leather and a thicker grip area for better control and a sporty feel. KONA N is one of few hot SUVs with a manual handbrake instead of an e-brake, allowing adventurous drivers to enjoy slides. Customers will also note N logos on the gear shift, door scuff, and seats, as well as the unique Performance Blue accents throughout the interior.
The all-new KONA N is available in one-tone Black with cloth, leather, or suede sports bucket seats with pronounced side bolsters for excellent lateral support. All three seat styles come with standard heated front seats and optional heated rear seats. The suede trim comes standard with electric/power seats as well as ventilated front seats for more comfort and cooling.
Interior colour trims:
- One-tone Black interior with Performance Blue accents and cloth, leather, or suede seats
A turbocharged engine with flat power
A turbocharged 2.0-litre T-GDI engine that produces 280 PS and 392 Nm of torque powers the all-new KONA N. It generates flat power, meaning it produces more torque and power at mid and high-range RPMs. In normal driving conditions, the new higher amount of torque utilises more of the engine's potential. The new engine power attribute also improves acceleration in the mid and high-speed range and delivers high-performance consistently, even in a variety of outdoor temperature conditions.
2.0-litre T-GDI with flat power
- Power: 280 PS
- Torque: 392 Nm
- Transmission: N DCT
- Maximum speed: 240 km/h
Full details can be found in the technical specifications document.
Highly responsive transmission with N DCT technology
The all-new KONA N, Hyundai’s first high-performance SUV, comes with N DCT, an 8-speed dual-clutch transmission for improved acceleration and upshifting. The high-performance feature makes the car even more fun to drive.
N DCT, an enhanced version of Hyundai’s in-house developed 8DCT, features improved durability to handle the demands of high-performance cars. Combined with a 2.0-litre T-GDI engine, the technology applies unique gear ratios for outstanding performance. N DCT combines the engaging experience of a sequential gearbox with the convenience of an automatic transmission.
Furthermore, N DCT is similar to a manual transmission in that it can deliver power, great shifting response, and fast shifting speed. N DCT is a wet-type transmission. This means that compared to dry-type gearboxes, it cools the clutch better by reducing the amount of friction between moving parts using two electrical oil pumps. This also allows more torque to transfer through the gearbox. The combination of oil cooling and the dual-clutch design provides the high-torque capability of a traditional automatic transmission with the high efficiency of a DCT.
On top of that, N DCT improves driving dynamics. To prevent overheating when the car is being pushed to its limits on the race track, the coolant oil keeps the clutch at the optimum operating temperature. N DCT will always ensure a smooth ride, even when the transmission undergoes increased exertion, such as on congested roads or steep inclines.
Hyundai's N DCT technology debuted in the Veloster N, a model sold in North America and South Korea. The technology was later added to the new i30 N as a result of the Hyundai N community's valuable input. Hyundai has outfitted all units of the all-new KONA N with N DCT.
N Power Shift, N Grin Shift, and N Track Sense Shift are three unique high-performance functions enabled by N DCT that are sure to bring a grin to the driver's face. These features use dedicated shift logic management to improve the car's capabilities.
When the car accelerates with more than 90 per cent of throttle, N Power Shift (NPS) activates, preventing any torque loss during upshifts and delivering full power to the wheels. This makes driving more enjoyable by providing a “push feel” while upshifting. The accompanying popcorn sound, which comes from the exhaust's partial cylinder cut, emphasises KONA N’s sporty performance. NPS can only be activated in N and Custom modes.
For 20 seconds, N Grin Shift (NGS) maximises engine and DCT performance. The car will immediately shift down to the most suitable gear to reach full acceleration. When the driver presses the NGS button on the steering wheel, a countdown appears on the instrument cluster, displaying how many seconds remain for this function. Drivers must wait at least 40 seconds after the "boost" has finished before using it again. This feature allows the driver to access the car's full potential with a press of a button when, for example, chasing the best lap time. When overtaking or merging on motorways, it can also be advantageous.
N Track Sense Shift (NTS), on the other hand, optimises adaptive shift for race track driving, allowing the driver to concentrate more on steering. It detects when the conditions on a race track are ideal for dynamic driving and turns on automatically. In sporty driving conditions, the car selects the correct gear and shift timing based on motorsport data and the driver's behaviour to provide optimum results, just like a professional racing car driver.
In contrast to conventional automatic transmission vehicles, Hyundai vehicles with N DCT allow the driver to switch Creep Off. When the creep function is disabled and the vehicle is in gear D, the vehicle does not roll when the brake pedal is released. This means that, in a race-type setting, the driver doesn’t need to hold down the brake pedal but could instead allow their foot to hover over the accelerator pedal for a faster start. The custom settings can be used to allow or disable Creep Off mode.
Drivers can switch on manual mode using the paddle shifters or the gear knob on the all-new KONA N with N DCT. When the RPM cap is reached, the memory logic prevents the transmission from automatically upshifting. Manual control helps the driver to maintain high revs when required, ensuring a sportier driving experience.
High-performance driving features
The all-new KONA N is the first SUV to carry the N badge, and it does so without sacrificing driving pleasure or performance. The 'hot SUV' is the first Hyundai high-performance vehicle to feature a Performance Head-Up Display (HUD). When the Sport or N mode is selected, details such as RPM, speed, and shift indicator are displayed right on the windscreen.
With five distinct drive modes: Eco, Normal, Sport, N, and Custom, the N Grin Control System provides customers with a high degree of customisation. These drive modes alter the character of the all-new KONA N by modifying the engine, Electronic Stability Control, exhaust sound, and steering operating parameters to optimise them for a variety of driving conditions. In Custom mode, drivers can choose settings from a variety of other modes (Normal, Sport, and Sport+) for steering, suspension, or exhaust sound to fit their driving preferences and road conditions. The all-new KONA N's steering wheel is equipped with two dedicated N buttons that can be mapped to any kind of pre-set according to individual needs.
The Electronic Sound Generator (ESG) in the body panel supports a sporty engine sound from the exhaust and intake noise for a more emotional driving experience. An engine sound generator in the cabin, located at the base of the windscreen, adds some additional acoustic drama to fit the driver's mood. Variable muffler control also helps achieve the ideal exhaust sound for a great driving experience.
The all-new KONA N comes standard with the Variable Exhaust Valve System. The exhaust sound can be adjusted depending on the drive mode, allowing the customer to actively control the exhaust valve. The sound changes depending on how big the valve opening is. The active exhaust has several settings that allow the car to increase the volume of the exhaust sound when upshifting, giving the car its characteristic popcorn exhaust sound.
The all-new KONA, like other Hyundai N models, comes standard with Launch Control, which allows the car to take off like a professional racing car. It can be used in N mode with the Electronic Stability Control (ESC) turned off or in Sport mode. When starting from a standstill, Launch Control with N DCT controls the amount of available engine torque, allowing the driver to launch the KONA N like a skilled racing driver with maximum traction and minimal wheel spin.
When the driver switches from a higher to a lower gear, the engine revs are automatically adjusted with Rev Matching. As a result, depending on the drive mode, it makes for smoother and sportier downshifts. The Rev Matching feature is enabled by default on N models with N DCT technology, so there is no need to press any buttons to enable it.
Uncompromising ride and handling
The all-new KONA N is still an SUV at heart on top of its race track capabilities. Whether on the race track or the open road, KONA N delivers uncompromising driving ability. The ‘hot SUV' provides excellent performance on a variety of surfaces, thanks to specially engineered 235/40R19 Pirelli P-Zero high-performance tyres with an “HN” logo, which stands for “Hyundai N”, that provide maximum grip mounted on lightweight, 19-inch forged alloy wheels. For added safety, a high-performance braking system that provides stability in changing driving conditions has been added. It has larger front and rear disc brakes that draw in more air through widened intakes on either side of the car's front bumper for better cooling. High-friction calliper material, a lower arm guide, and a heat shield all help to improve brake efficiency by providing improved cooling and heat endurance.
The all-new KONA N has an Electronic Controlled Suspension (ECS) system that controls the dampening force and improves handling and stability. With the push of a button, drivers can adjust the suspension stiffness to optimise the vehicle's reaction for a variety of driving conditions, whether on the road or race track.
The Electronic Stability Control (ESC) can be turned off for a more authentic race track experience. During cornering manoeuvres, ESC normally stabilises the vehicle by sensing any loss of traction and applying brakes to individual wheels. This ensures improved vehicle handling and stability in challenging terrains or unforeseen road conditions. The all-new KONA N's ESC has three modes for a customisable driving experience. “ESC – ON” offers maximum stability and is optimised for dry, wet, or snowy conditions. It also increases protection when driving in daily situations. “ESC – SPORT” is designed for use on race tracks. When the ESC is turned off entirely, the vehicle makes no engine or brake interventions to maintain stability. Rather, dynamic torque vectoring is allowed, resulting in more dynamic vehicle behaviour. For seasoned race track drivers, “ESC – OFF” is the best choice.
A Traction Control System (TCS) also regulates the driving force at the wheels based on the driving conditions, maximising traction and reducing slippage in off-road situations. If the TCS senses a wheel turning faster than the vehicle's detected speed, it changes the engine output using continuous feedback. The driver can choose from four different Traction Modes by pressing the Drive Mode button for improved handling in a variety of road conditions. In slick or snowy conditions, Snow Mode offers the most stability. Deep snow allows for more wheel spin, which increases traction and helps the drivers avoid being trapped in the snow. Mud Mode allows the car to launch on muddy surfaces with medium wheel spin. Sand Mode allows for more wheel spin while launching on sand. Traction Modes are active between 0 and 60 km/h.
In the meantime, the all-new KONA N's N Corner Carving Differential, an Electronic Limited Slip Differential (eLSD), provides outstanding cornering results. Depending on the load transfer from the inner to the outer front axle wheel, this feature allows the wheels to spin at various speeds by applying different amounts of torque. This minimises understeering when cornering and eliminates wheel slip in complex conditions. Drivers can also round corners at higher speeds thanks to the N Corner Carving Differential, making the all-new KONA N even more enjoyable to drive.
Hyundai N models provide great value to the driver by having a new level of steering precision and responsiveness: The all-new KONA N adds a Rack-mounted Motor Driven Power Steering system (RMDPS) with improved performance, increased rigidity, and a lower steering ratio to its base car. The electric steering assist system provides precise and accurate steering with a high level of feedback, just as a high-performance vehicle requires. The driver can choose from three different steering settings (Normal, Sport, and Sport+) to provide optimal steering efforts for a variety of situations, including city driving, country roads, and race tracks.
Furthermore, the N Power Sense Axle in the front, coupled with a multi-link style rear suspension, provides increased stiffness for better ride and handling.
Advanced safety and convenience features
The all-new KONA N, like the new KONA, is available with a wealth of Hyundai SmartSense active safety and comfort features for improved peace of mind. This is a vital feature of the KONA N's everyday sports car pillar, as it makes the vehicle safer and more comfortable to drive in everyday circumstances. Rear Seat Alert and Safe Exit Warning are two systems that directly contribute to the safety of all passengers.
All-new KONA N Hyundai SmartSense active safety features:
- Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist (BCA) – prevents the vehicle from colliding into another vehicle in the adjacent lane by sounding a warning and applying differential braking
- Rear Cross Traffic Collision Avoidance Assist (RCCA) – prevents a rear-end collision by sounding a warning and applying the brakes when the car is in reverse and another car comes from the side, e.g., when leaving a parking space
- Smart Cruise Control (SCC) – maintains following distance to the vehicle in front up to set maximum speed
- Leading Vehicle Departure Alert (LVDA) – sounds an alert if the car is stopped and the driver does not react quickly enough to the car in front moving, gently directing the driver’s attention back to the road
- Lane Keeping Assist (LKA) – uses a front-view camera to automatically keep the car centred in the lane, corrects course if the car reaches the lane markings
- Lane Following Assist (LFA) – keep the vehicle centred in its lane by automatically adjusting the steering wheel
- Intelligent Speed Limit Warning (ISLW) – recognises road signs in real-time and displays the speed limit and no-passing signs in both the AVN and cluster
- Safe Exit Warning (SEW) – prevents an accident when a passenger attempts to open the door of the parked car and another car is approaching from the rear side. A warning light is displayed on the cluster to alert the driver of the potential danger
- Rear Seat Alert (RSA) –alerts the driver of activity in the back seat when they attempt to leave the vehicle
- Forward Collision Avoidance Assist with vehicle, pedestrian and cyclist detection (FCA) – sounds an alarm and applies the brakes, if necessary, when a collision becomes imminent; uses radar and a camera to better detect pedestrians and cyclists, in addition to other vehicles
- High Beam Assist (HBA) – adjusts to low-beam lights as appropriate when oncoming vehicles or cars in front in the same lane are detected
- Driver Attention Warning (DAW) – detects fatigue or distraction by continuously monitoring and analysing driving patterns through data inputs. The driver is alerted with an audible warning and pop-up message to suggest when it is time to take a break from driving
Tech and connectivity
A 10.25-inch digital N cluster with a sporty look and a 10.25-inch AVN touchscreen are included in the all-new KONA N. Race track driving skills are monitored and improved using a Performance Driving Data System. While driving on the race track, the feature saves and displays driving data, such as power, torque, and turbo pressure on the AVN touchscreen. A lap and acceleration timer are also included. The N graphics will also be shown on the Head-up Display (HUD) on the windscreen while driving in Sport or N mode.
Even in a high-performance vehicle, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and Bluelink® Connected Car Services make daily driving more convenient. Additional voice recognition capabilities are now included in the all-new KONA N. With a simple voice command, drivers can enable and monitor features, such as climate, rear window and side mirror heating, and steering wheel heating.
The all-new KONA N benefits from Hyundai’s comprehensive five-year unlimited mileage warranty.
Available connectivity equipment:
- [New] 10.25-inch open digital cluster
- [New] 10.25-inch Audio Video Navigation (AVN-T)
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto (offered wirelessly with Display Audio)
- Premium KRELL sound system
- Bluelink® telematics
- Wireless charging pad
- Three USB charging ports
Dimensions (mm): (LxWxH) (WB) 4,215 x 1,800 x 1,565; 2,600
Engine: 2.0-litre T-GDI with flat power
Transmission: 8-speed wet-type DCT (N DCT)
Curb Weight (kg): 1,510 / 1,569 (lightest / heaviest)
Power (PS) / Torque (Nm): 280 / 392
Top speed (km/h): 240
Acceleration 0-100km/h: 6.4s
Full details can be found in the technical specifications document.
Disclaimer: CO2 and emissions data
Fuel consumption combined for the Hyundai KONA N 2.0 T-GDI (280 PS) with DCT in l/100 km: 8.5; CO2 emissions combined in g/km: 194 (WLTP)